- the types of information we collect through our Services
- how we use and protect that information
- the types of information we may share with others and under what circumstances
- the choices you have regarding our collection, use, and sharing practices
- details regarding our use of third-party cookies and other tracking technologies
We also include specific disclosures for residents of California and Nevada.
Types of information we collect and how we collect it
Information You Provide
Some of the Services may include features or services that permit you to enter contact information and other information about you. We collect and store any information you enter on our Services. This includes:
- Contact and demographic information when completing forms or registering to use our Services.
- Payment information and associated contact information when engaging in a transaction.
- Appointment bookings you carry out through our Services.
- Email address information when subscribing to our email newsletters.
- Any information or data you provide by interacting in our online forums and with our chatbots, or by commenting on content posted on bulletin boards and other public areas of our Services (“Public Areas”). Please note that these comments are also visible to other users of our Services.
- Information you provide when you complete a survey administered by us or a service provider acting on our behalf.
- Information you may submit to inquire about or apply for a job with us.
- Information you provide when you participate in a contest or sweepstakes that we offer.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence and any contact information provided.
- Medical or health information that you provide to us when requesting special accommodations or filing incident reports in the course of using our Services.
Some of this information may be collected by external parties, called service providers, on our behalf. For example, we use a payment processor when you engage in a transaction with us.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you interact with the Services, certain information about your use of our Services is collected automatically. This includes:
Much of the information that we collect automatically is collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies, as well as through your web browser or device. RV Yard relies on partners to provide many features and to process and collect data about your use of our Services and other sites.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Firefox or Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won’t have access to many of our features that make your web experience more efficient.
Our HTML-formatted emails may contain a web beacon to tell us whether our emails are opened and verify any clicks through to links or advertisements within the email. We may use this information for purposes including determining which of our emails are more interesting to users. The web beacon will be deleted when you delete the email. Emails in plain text (if applicable) rather than HTML will not include the web beacon.
When accessing our website on a mobile device or using any of our mobile applications, we will have access to your location if you have enabled location services on your device. We will also have access to your mobile device ID, which is unique to your device and does not by itself contain any personally identifiable information.
How We Use the Personal Information that We Collect
When you supply us with personal information, the information you provide is added to our customer file. We may use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- To contact you regarding promotions, discounts, and other Services, provided by RV Yard or our third party business partners, and when you request email bulletins or newsletters or join our club.
- To contact you in response to an inquiry, complaint, or incident report.
- To provide you with our products and services, including to complete transactions, take steps to enter into a contract for sale or for services, process payments, fulfill orders, and send service communications.
- To enable additional features on our Services and to provide you with a personalized service.
- Create custom audiences on social media sites and search engine platforms and to understand and respond to your comments and reviews of our Services on social media sites and search engine platforms.
- To provide you with the best service, improve and grow our business, and understand the effectiveness of our marketing, including by understanding our customer base and purchasing trends.
- To understand how our Services are being used, track site performance, and make improvements.
- To deliver tailored advertising on our Services based on your preferences or interests across services and devices and measuring the effectiveness of ads.
- To detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be fraudulent or illegal, and to comply with legal requirements regarding the provision of products and services.
In addition, by joining RV Yard, you agree and acknowledge that we may recognize your membership among our affiliated companies and on our web sites.